(Photo Credit: Today’s Bride)
I’m so excited to be going to a dress fitting tomorrow with one of my brides at Today’s Bride! Seeing all the pretty gowns with lace and sparkles just makes me so happy and giddy! Dress fittings are one of the most important appointments you will have while planning. Make sure to have fun and don’t stress yourself out about it! You should schedule an appointment to try on dresses at least 8-10 months before your wedding day. This allows time to find THE dress and time for alterations. When it comes to dress fittings, one of the questions I always get asked is “What should I bring with me to a dress fitting?” Here is your dress fitting check list to make sure you are completely prepared for your fitting.
- Bring all of your accessories!
- Shoes, Veil, Jewelry – You will want to make sure that all of these items match your dress! If you have a family heirloom you just MUST wear, bring that along to make sure everything will go together. The alterations of your hem line will need to be measured to your heel height also. If you haven’t picked out your shoes, don’t worry! Bring along a pair that have a heel height you desire for your wedding day.
- Remember to bring along neutral colored undergarments.
- Strapless Bra, Corset, Panties – You will want to make sure you have the appropriate undergarments for the dress style you choose. No bra straps or panty lines showing on your wedding day!
- Photos of dress styles and designers that you are interested in.
- The bridal salon you choose may not carry the designer or exact dress you are interested in, but by bringing in photos they may be able to bring you styles similar to what you are wanting…and at a cheaper price! 😉
- A Camera!
- If the bridal salon allows you to take photos, by all means do so! Once you get home you can go through the photos to make your decision.
- If you already know how you want your hair styled, wear a similar hairstyle to your fitting.
- If you want to wear all of your hair up, wear it up. If you want a half updo wear that style. This way you can really get an idea of the whole look for your wedding day. You may decide to change something after choosing your dress.
- Swatches of your wedding color palette.
- While I was planning my own wedding I had my color swatches in my purse at ALL times! You never know when you are going to see something you like and having those swatches makes it easy to match things up right then! Most bridal salons and even fabric stores sell small fabric swatches for $1.00 each or less.
- A friend!
- You don’t need your whole entourage to attend your dress fitting but you would be wise to bring along 1 or 2 of your closest. They will keep you grounded and of course you’ll want to share the moment of choosing your wedding gown!!
Still not feeling confident in choosing the right gown for your big day? Contact Charming Grace Events to set up an appointment! I will happily accompany you to your dress fitting to make sure you find the perfect dress for your big day and within your wedding budget!