As a wedding planner, some weekends mean a lot of running around and long hours! I wouldn’t change it for the world! Over the years I have found my go-to products to help me make it through a long weekend and not look like a hot mess by the end of the night!
Here are my top 10 must haves for a wedding weekend:1. Oribe Superfine Hair Spray not only does it smell amazing, but it holds up to my crazy wedding weekends and my normal day to day life. This is my guilty pleasure beauty product! I have LOVED Oribe products ever since I did a hair show for him in Vegas a few years ago. It’s a bit of a splurge…but oh so worth it!!
2. Super comfy, solid black flats! There are so many different styles to choose from! I have tried a few different brands. My top favorites include a pair from Clarks (Very stylish and comfy!) and a pair from Sketchers – Relaxed Fit Memory Foam. My Sketchers are super light weight and are made from a really breathable material. My Clarks are lightweight but they are leather so they work better in the colder months. When you work long hours on your feet you want as much comfort as possible!
3. Band-Aid Friction Block…It’s amazing! My husband is a runner and is actually the one who introduced me to it. It looks like a little mini deodorant stick that I just rub around the tops of my feet and heels where my shoes rub. Even with comfy shoes, sometimes it’s just not enough from getting blisters…NOT FUN! You can find these at any local pharmacy.
4. Bobby Pins – I have enough of these bad boys in my Wedding Day Emergency Kit to hold a tank together! I always have these handy, not just for myself, but for anyone at the wedding that may need them.
5. My handy, dandy “Wedding Planner” pin that I wear anytime I work an event or when I feel like it…which is a lot! It’s blingy and pretty and it always gets attention. So many times guests have seen my pin and felt more at ease knowing I was there to help with any questions.
6. Coola’s SPF 30 Organic Matte Makeup Setting Spray – This stuff works wonders for my face! I usually don’t have time to redo or apply a full face of makeup on the day of a wedding. I’m too busy running around making sure set up and everything else is going to plan. I need something that will keep my face looking fresh and can hold up to a long day, even in the sun. That’s why I love that this product has an SPF factor too!
8. Deodorant…..ummm….do I really need to even explain this one??
9. Change of Clothes – I always pack a change of clothes for weddings. You just never know what will happen during set up! You may have to get a little dirty and who shows up to a wedding looking like a mess?!
10. WATER, WATER, WATER!!! I bring at least 2 liters of water with me and I usually will end up asking the bartender for more by the end of the night. You won’t realize how much you are running around until the end of the night so it’s important to keep yourself hydrated!
For more tips and tricks from the pros follow me or pop over to my website for some amazing pics of real weddings! Charming Grace Events