One of the most popular questions when you begin wedding planning is “What are the best, budget friendly venues?” It’s every couple’s dream to have an amazing venue to host their wedding. However, breaking the bank on the venue is not part of the dream! Here are five of my favorite Southern Maryland Venues that won’t drain your wedding budget and will have you and your guests swooning!
- Bliss in the Barn – La Plata, MD – This rustic venue is an old, authentic tobacco barn located on an actual working farm! How cool is that? The barn is a little over 1700 square feet with a capacity to hold up to 120 guests. It also has room outside of the barn to accommodate any size tent for even more party space! There is plenty of room for parking and it is the perfect space to dance the night away with your guests! You are also allowed to set up the day before if there isn’t another event going on. If you are looking for a private, quiet location for your ceremony and reception check out Bliss in the Barn!
- Robin Hill Farms – Brandywine, MD – Another one of my favorite barn venues! This barn has one heck of a chandelier and quite a few on-site locations to have your ceremony too. If you don’t mind a farm animal here and there, this is the venue for you! Robin Hill Farm was sweet enough to let us host a styled shoot here…check out that post for more photos! The main floor of the barn is 40’×60′ not to mention the hayloft and the covered patio area for even more space. They also offer a bridal suite for you and your bridal party to get ready, equipped with a full bathroom and mini kitchen. Did we mention it’s also a vineyard?! Cheers!
- Greenwell Foundation – Hollywood, MD -This historic venue has a gorgeous manor (Rosedale Manor), which you have access to as part of the rental, a beautiful garden ceremony site and access to the beach for some waterfront photos! For an additional fee you can also use their rental items that include chalkboard signs, lanterns and old suitcases that are perfect for cards! They have plenty of space for parking and require that you rent a tent since the manor is not set up for a larger guest count.
- Sotterley Plantation – Hollywood, MD – This 300 year old plantation sits on 100 acres so it has plenty of options for your big day. Located right on the Patuxent with rolling hills in the background it’s the perfect location for a Southern Maryland wedding! They also have 2 cottages that can be used as a bridal suite to get ready depending on your choice of ceremony site. They offer several different packages and locations that can fit different budgets!
- Annmarie Gardens – Dowell, MD – If you are looking for a more contemporary style, this venue is perfect! It has the option to host your ceremony in the sculpture garden or they have a fun, intimate location with seating in a circular pattern for your guests. With your reception being held inside the main building, you don’t have to worry about the extra cost of renting a tent or restrooms! The main gallery has the capacity to hold up to 380 guests. They also offer different packages and different locations to accommodate smaller or larger guest counts and different budgets.
There are so many gorgeous venues in the Southern Maryland area. What are some of your favorites? List them below!
Need assistance in finding that perfect wedding location? Let’s get together and find your dream venue! Contact me here!